[vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery interval=”3″ images=”315,488,489″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Dr Santosh Shetty – Specialist in Joint Replacement and Trauma Surgery
Dr Santosh Shetty is One of the Experienced & Leading Joint Replacement Surgeon Practicing in Mumbai since 2001. He Heads The Department Of Arthroplasty And Joint Replacement For Surana Group of Hospitals Malad, Chembur, Sanpada & Thunga Group of Hospitals Malad, Miraroad, Boisar.
Specialist In Total Hip, Knee & Shoulder Replacement And Trauma Surgery[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Specialism:
- Hip Resurfacing
- Knee Resurfacing (UKR) /Partial Knee Replacement Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgeries(Total Hip And Total Knee Replacement)
- Primary Complex & Revision Knee Replacement Surgeries
- Cruciate Retaining(CR) & Posterior Cruciate Sacrificing(PS) Minimal Invasive Muscle Sparing Technique(MIS)
- High Flexion Knee Replacement with Highflex Knee Implants
- Computer Assisted Navigation Surgeries(CANS)
- Patient Specific Instrumentation Surgeries(PSI)
- Trauma Surgeries
- Stem Cells And PRP ( Regenerative Cell Therapy)
- Surana Group of Hospitals Malad, Chembur, Sanpada.
- Thunga Group of Hospitals Malad, Mira Road, Boisar
- Criticare Group of Hospitals Andheri East & West.
- Seven Hills Hospital Andheri (East).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-file-text” add_icon=”true” title=”Brief Introduction” tab_id=”1527956906073-4bc11c6f-3883″][vc_column_text]Dr Santosh Shetty is an Orthopaedic & Joint Replacement Surgeon Practicing in Mumbai India, & has a Broad Understanding of his subject & Utilises Various Approaches in Performing Total Knee & Hip Replacement surgeries depending on the needs of his Patients. He is A Hip& Knee Surgeon & Consultant who has been extensively trained in Germany, Belgium, USA & India. Dr Santosh Shetty Is One Of the Experienced Joint Replacement Surgeon With More than 15 Years Of Clinical Experience & Practice In Mumbai. He has Special Interests In Partial Knee Replacement (UKR) / Oxford Knee Replacement. He Ranks amongst The High Volume Surgeons performing Cruciate Retaining (CR) & Cruciate Sacrificing (CS/PS) Total Knee Replacement Surgeries in the Western Suburbs of Mumbai City. He is Amongst the few Prominent Surgeons to have performed a Journey II Implant & Bicruciate Retaining Knee Replacement Surgery in India & being the first in Thane District. Minimal Invasive Muscle Sparing Technique (MIS) Along With Computer Navigation Technique (CANS) Or Patient Specific Instrumentation Technique (PSI) With High Flexion Knee Technique Is Utilised As per the needs of the Patients. Oxinium Impants with Verilast Inserts & Technology with OrthoAlign Hand Held Disposable Navigation System are also offered to Younger Arthritic Patients to Achieve Long Term Results, Patient Satisfaction, Implant Survivorship & Precision. He is also the First Surgeon to have done a Partial Knee Replacement Surgery (UKR) / Oxford Mobile Bearing Knee in The Thane District State of Maharashtra.
He Performs Cemented & Uncemented Total Hip Replacement Surgeries with Ceramic on Ceramic Bearing Surfaces and Dual Mobility Cups depending on the Age & Need of the Patients.
He Offers Regenerative Cell Therapy / PRP / Stem Cells to his Patients in Ideal & Appropriate Indications.
He Leads a Team of Dedicated Doctors & Highly Skilled/Trained Health Professionals comprising of Senior Anaesthetist, Fellows, Residents, Physiotherapists & Trained Nursing Staff to Ensure Painless Anaesthesia, Post op Pain Free Management, Pain Free Speedy Recovery along with Early Rehabilitation immediately after few hours of the Surgery Resulting in Shorter Stay in the Hospital & Early Discharge of their Patients as per Global Standards.
He travels extensively across the Globe to the Leading Centres of Excellency in Arthroplasty in his Quest to Upgrade his Surgical Skills and Knowledge in Management of Arthritic Patients so that the same treatment which is available Globally & Internationally is also available to his Patients at his Centres at A Affordable Price Maintaining the Equivalent Standards & Parameters.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-sun-o” add_icon=”true” title=”Experience” tab_id=”1527956906099-31359e32-dfaf”][vc_column_text]Apart from Performing Surgeries for more than 15 Years, Dr Santosh Shetty has Served as a Teacher, Chief Instructor, Tutor, Eminent Speaker, Moderator & Faculty for many Prestigious Presentations, CME, ,Patient Awareness Program, Cadavaric Workshops, State, National & International Forums/ Conferences Held in State India & Abroad. He has been an invited faculty in Paris France for WORLD ARTHROPLASTY CONGRESS.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-user-md” add_icon=”true” title=”Medical Career” tab_id=”1527956978329-84c68230-5b87″][vc_column_text]Dr Santosh Shetty did his Undergraduation From Kasturba Medical College Manipal University & went on to Complete his Post Graduation in Orthopaedics from Kasturba Medical College Manipal University. He was one of the bright students & The President of the Students Council for the Prestigious College during his Medical Training Program. He developed Special Interest In Trauma & Arthroplasty during his PostGraduation Training .He was trained under Eminent & Renowned Joint Replacement Surgeons Like Dr Sudhakar Shetty & Dr Shantaram Shetty while in Mangalore. He then further went on to get himself trained by Eminent & Leading Joint Replacement Surgeons like Dr S.R.Mukhi, Dr.Sudhir Joshi & Dr Mohan Desai from Mumbai. His Endeavour to upgrade his Surgical Skills took him to Germany to be trained in Primary Complex & Revision Arthroplasty by the Stalwart Prof Haiko Graichen . He completed his Mch with Speciality In Hip & Knee Replacement Surgery & Further did Multiple Fellowships from Europe. He Completed his Training & Fellowship in Computer Assisted Navigation Surgery (CANS) from Hamburg (Germany). He completed his Training & Fellowship in Patient Specific Instrumentation (PSI) from Belgium. He participated in“ The Masters Knee Course” in Total Knee Replacement conducted in USA. He has also completed a Fellowship in Primary Complex & Revision Arthoplasty From Lindenlohe (Germany). He has participated & Completed the Oxford Partial Knee Replacement Training Course/ Programme. He has Visited Multiple Training Centres Of Excellency in Arthroplasy Across the Globe. He is one of the few Surgeons who has Completed a Hands on Workshop On Robotic Surgery For Joint Replacement in USA.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-trophy” add_icon=”true” title=”Achievements” tab_id=”1527956996573-c8474efa-752b”][vc_column_text]
- Conducted Knowledge Exchange Programs by Inviting Various Eminent Joint Replacement Surgeons Across the Globe & Operating in their Presence & Guidance for Skill Enhancement like Professor Phil Hirst (UK), Professor Gautam Chakrabarty (UK), Professor Alfred Tria (USA), Dr Luca Marega (Italy),Dr Peter Ritchel (Austria), Dr Jeffery Geller (USA), Dr Richard Savino (USA),Dr Smith (USA) and Various other Surgeons
- Conduced Multiple CME’s For General Practitioners, Physicians, Physiotherapist & Orthopedic Surgeons
- Conducted Multiple Free Heath Check up Camps For the Arthritic Patients in their Community & Hospitals
- Conducted Various Patient Awareness Programs.
- Conducted Free Surgeries as part of Social Commitments as Charity & CSR for the Economically Challenged Patients
- Faculty In State National & International Conferences, India & Abroad
- Moderator & Chair Person In Various Scientific Programs & Sessions
- Appearances in various Talk Shows In Matters Related to Health On TV & Radio
- Felicitations By Various Social Organizations For Contribution towards the Society
- Articles Published in Various Newspapers, Social Media & Magazines towards Awarness of Management of Arthritis & Other Health Related Issues.